G4S Kenya has a heritage of more than 40 years
2001 – 2011
- Change of name from G4S Security Services Kenya Limited to G4S Kenya Limited
- G4S Kenya position themselves as industry leaders in event security by securing major events like Tusker All Stars concert, Standard Chartered Bank Nairobi Marathon, Safaricom Sevens rugby tournament, Lewa Marathon and other community events.
- G4S holds an inaugural race dubbed ‘Karura Cross-Country Challenge’ as part of CSR initiative. The race which will be annual aims at raising funds to help conserve the forest.
- Launch of SymmetryTM Access Control System which seeks to centralize and control all security systems for ease of management and increased level of security.
- Launch of a Fire Detection and Alarm system solution. The state of the art system provides an early warning incase of fire outbreak to enhance evacuation and remedial action to mitigate against fire spread.
- Asset tracking fleet solution re-launched under a new name ‘G4S Fleet Control’. The product was previously referred to as G4S Securetrak.
- G4S Kenya launches Graduate Management Trainee Program. A program aimed at identifying suitable candidates in a range of disciplines to help drive the company’s Risk Management business, Operations Divisions and support functional roles like Finance, Human Resources, IT among others.
- Launch of Stadia Safety and Security audit commissioned by the Kenya Premier League. The survey made several recommendations to enhance Safety and Security in all Kenya Premier League stadia across the country.
- G4S International acquires Archive Solutions Limited, now G4S Secure Data Solutions
- G4S opens a regional office in Nairobi, headed by a Regional Managing Director East Africa. Countries under this region are Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Acquisition of Urban Fire Services Kenya, now G4S Fire Services.
- Acquisition of Armor Group by G4S plc
- Change of name from Securicor Security Services Kenya Limited to G4S Security Services Kenya Limited.
- Securicor Security Services Kenya Limited acquired VERA Security (Malindi), an Alarms Company, POLEA Alarms (Kisumu) and TANARA Alarms (Nairobi).
- Group4 Falck’s security business merges with Securicor plc to create the worlds’ largest security provider.
- Securicor Security Services Kenya Limited buys Falcon a guarding and alarms company.
- Lokichoggio route is introduced.
1991 – 2000
- Securicor Security Services Kenya Limited buys Express Security; a Cash Services company.
- All divisions became autonomous under Securicor Security Services Kenya Limited, with Courier Guarding and Alarms sections headed by a General Manager.
- Security Systems moved from Head Office (Witu Road) to ABC place in Westlands.
- Regional office for Africa was set up in South Africa.
- Securicor established in Kenya by acquisition of 3 companies; K9 Guarding Company, Night security organization Thika and a Mombasa based Guarding Services Company.
- Introduced a K-9 section with 10 security dogs.
- Opened branches in Thika and Mombasa providing guarding services and CIT (Cash in transit).
- Introduced Courier services using established bus services. Main routes were Kisumu, Kitale, Meru and Mombasa.
- Invested on own vehicles for Courier Services.
- Introduced Alarms Response Services. The first response unit was based in Westlands.